January 9, 2019
We wanted to send out a short and sweet communication to let you know of some important stuff that you could have missed. Some of which I went over on the State Call this morning.
- COABE sent a survey out; the Board strongly encourages you to assist COABE and NASDAE laying the groundwork for COABE ’s work with Congress. SURVEY
- Conference News!
- We have a new membership system on our updated website, check out this video to learn how to log in and update your profile, https://www.useloom.com/share/e2c1e6c49264499a8888e706e2ab8c5d
(It’s important that you are up to date on your membership before registering for the conference, email Jenn if you need help.)
- Advocacy Messaging!
- Get an employer champion who would speak publically in support of adult education because of the benefits they received.
- Participate in “Third House” or “Town Hall” meetings held between January and April, especially with your employer champion.
- Invite stakeholders to visit your program and attend events, such as awards and graduation ceremonies.
- Report all these activities to Rob Moore, our advocacy chair, at email@example.com
- You can still sign up and watch the COABE Virtual Conference on demand.
- Your next IAACE Member News/ E-newsletter is in your inbox on January 24th; we are looking to bring you the information that you want and need. What’s coming?
- IAACE Board of Directors Nomination process (another great reason to check your Member Directory)
- Conference Excursions information, schedule outline and more.
- Your article, submitted by Jan 17th to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading,
Jenn Wigginton, Executive Director