This Conference is happening, fortunately, we did plan ahead and are offering hybrid or virtual options in addition to the conference, attendees always have the option to move to that ticket.
The conference is less than a month away and we are very excited about the lineup of presentations, exhibitors and sponsorships, and the other connecting events including the comedians, and keynotes.
As we are all aware the Delta Variant of COVID-19 is causing problems in many highly populated areas around the country. We are cognizant that this is serious, and all precautions and guidelines will be followed.
While Indiana does not currently have any mandates, this does not mean we will have a COVID “free-for-all” conference. We are actively monitoring the situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic and are remaining mindful of and will follow the CDC guidelines pertaining to large gatherings. Again, fortunately, we did plan ahead and are offering hybrid or virtual options in addition to the conference, attendees always have the option to move to that ticket. Everyone’s safety is a primary concern.
IAACE encourages its attendees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will also actively monitoring and will follow these prevention strategies:
- The Board of Directors has on their agenda on 9/10 to decide if we should require masks in the conference center.
- We are limiting the number of in-person tickets.
- We will follow all CDC, local county, and hotel guidelines for meetings and events.
- We encourage and expect physical distancing, and will create space by working with the hotel to allow for appropriate spacing in meeting rooms and common areas.
- We will be restructuring the check-in process for the conference to prohibit lines and /or congestion.
- We are working with the hotel on food and beverage to reduce the exposure during meals and the servicing of food.
- In addition to the hotel supplying sanitizer stations thought out the meeting complex, IAACE will also have hand sanitizer and masks available for attendees who need them.
- There is a patio area outside of our conference area with a sitting area when you prefer to be outside.
We encourage members to get the vaccine if they are able and are planning to come to the conference. The CDC provides online information on how to locate and schedule your vaccine. Our interest is in providing a safe and comfortable conference and our first concern is you, our members. Thus, with this information in mind, please know we are actively monitoring the situation and will make adjustments as needed.
We look forward to seeing you in Michigan City on September 29.
Jenn is the IAACE Executive Director. Her passion for adult education shines through in everything she does for IAACE. You can invite her to a chat for questions anytime. Click here to book a time to chat with Jenn