What is the NEDP?
- It is a competency-based, applied performance assessment pathway to a high school diploma
Who does it serve?
- It serves adults and out of school youth(OSY)
What are the Key Characteristics of NEDP?
- Focused on life and work skills
- Self-paced and flexible
- Appropriate for second language speakers and those who learn differently
- Learner self-efficacy and active engagement
- State or Local awarded high school diploma
Who are the NEDP clients?
- are self-directed learners and can work autonomously
- are mature adults with life experience who can document their work history, proof of a training program, or interest in postsecondary education
- demonstrate personal responsibility and problem solving
- are able to achieve a high intermediate level score on reading, writing, and math CASAS instruments
Current students that NEDP is an option for?
- HSE Students who have been unsuccessful in one or more parts of HSE
- Credit completion students who want a quicker path
- Advanced ELLs who want an HS credential but are not a good candidate for the HSE test
What are the Benefits of the NEDP?
- Provides nationally recognized diploma option for adults, especially English Language Learners and those with different learning needs
- Aligns to CCR Standards
- Allows clients to fulfill adult responsibilities while working on a high school diploma
- Offers a program relevant to adult needs
- Offers a completely remote option
- Promotes digital literacy skills
This is a very general overview, we have invited Margaret Kirkpatrick and Janita McNemar from the NEDP to present to our members an in-depth session on how the NEDP can benefit your program. Please join us via Zoom on Friday, May 20 at 9:00 am Central/10:00 am Eastern for the IAACE Session, How the National Diploma Session can benefit your program. Please register to attend at https://bit.ly/NationalDiploma.
The session will be recorded and available on the platform.
Credit: The information provided above is directly from slides provided by the NEDP within the IAACE Annual Membership meeting.
Jenn is the IAACE Executive Director. Her passion for adult education shines through in everything she does for IAACE. You can invite her to a chat for questions anytime. Click here to book a time to chat with Jenn