**Important Notice** DATE HAS CHANGED!
IAACE is collaborating with the Indiana Council for Continuing Education to host a webinar, Adult Learning During COVID-19. The panel will discuss barriers that adult learners face during COVID-19 from various practitioners’ experiences with them and so much more.
Met the panelists:
Director of Correctional Education
Oakland City University
Indiana Online Only English Language Learning Teacher
Monroe County Community Schools Adult Education
Dr. Stephanie Moran
Director of Engagement and the Adult Student Experience
Dr. Ruby Cain
Associate Professor of Practice, Adult & Community Education
Vice-President (Faculty), Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
Director, It Is Well With My Soul
Please join us on Wednesday, December 9, 11:00-11:30 am Eastern time.
Topics we plan for panelists to address:
- Who is the Adult Learner? Each panelist describes the demographics of students served.
- Instructional delivery methods pre-COVID and during COVID.
- Challenges faced by students and instructors during COVID and support put in place.
- Impact of COVID-19 on special populations (e.g., English Language Learners, Vulnerable Populations, Parents with school-age children, etc.).
- Impact of COVID-19 on the employment of our students (i.e., those laid off/furloughed/hours reduced/pay cuts versus those still working, Essential Workers).
- Question and Answer (last 30 minutes)
All members of ICCE and IAACE are invited to participate, as well as others serving adult and continuing education students, register to attend at https://bit.ly/AdultLearningDiscussion.