You are welcome to join the discussion at any time on Tuesdays at 2:30 pm EDT/1:30 CDT but if you are not able to join us on Tuesdays please comment on your reading of Leadership Redefined or answer a question/s below.
Tuesday, August 4 Chapter One A Boy, A Bus and A Blown Opportunity
“The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority. – Ken Blanchard
Read Chapter One for free click here “A leader is anyone who has influence.”
Discussion Questions on page 22.
6. In the opening story, how did the second mother demonstrate leadership?
7. How can you lead by serving others?
8. How could you view and do your job with more intention?
Tuesday, August 11
Chapter Two Discussed: Extract A Goal & Express Your Vision to Others “A leader is a dealer in hope.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
Highlight: Check out the Pop Quiz and poem on page 23, 24; Holstee Manifesto, page 47, 48.
Discussion Questions on page 52.
4. Identify a past goal you set for yourself and think about how you attained or achieved it. Describe how you felt when you succeded.
5. Describe a time when having a goal helped you clarify and concentrate your efforts.
6. In your job, why is it important to be driven from within and be able to celebrate intrinsic rewards?